What is Coaching?
- Is a collaborative partnership between a coach and a willing individual that connects at the deep personal level of beliefs, values, and vision
- Is a process of exploration, discovery, goal setting and specific action
- Assumes that the client is whole, resourceful, and creative
- Is the realization of extraordinary results
- Places the focus fully and completely on the client
- Is solution-focused
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
It is important to mention what coaching IS NOT:
- Coaching is not therapy or counseling – it does not focus on the past or try to heal emotional wounds
- Coaching is not consulting – it does not give advice, provide recommendations or tell you what to do
- Coaching is not problem-focused
- Coaching does not mean the coach has all the answers nor does it solve a client’s problems for them